The next few months, Prof. Ans De Vos engages in dialogue with strategy implementation expert Jeroen De Flander. He is the chairman of the Institute for Strategy Execution and travels around the globe to teach managers the necessary strategy implementation skills.
Strategy implementation is a crucial business domain…
but, at the same time, it is a domain that a lot of companies struggle with. According to the Harvard Business Review, an average organization loses 40 to 60 percent of its strategy potential. Research carried out by the Performance Factory shows that Strategy Communication and Initiative Management are the culprits.
Hence, you would think that it is about time that managers pull up their socks. However, there’s the rub. Strategy implementation requires specific knowledge and skill. These are too often missing in our managers’ arsenal. Here lies the challenge for HR. A golden opportunity to improve the though and action of strategy implementation in the organization.
Antwerp Management School and HR in Business - our alumni organization – take up the challenge. We strongly believe in the importance of strategy implementation and the role HR is able to play in this.
Seven practical articles full of tips and tricks concerning strategy implementation for the HR community! Click the links to continue!
- 12 things every manager should know about strategy implementation
- How to implement strategy without losing it
- A new HR role: strategy marketing
- Performance Management: HR, don’t be too SMART
- Get more out of your matrix orzanisation
- Boost your project managers
- Coaching, more than a fashion trend
- Strategy meets HRM@AMS, the highlights